About the P&C Menu...
The P&C aims to support our school in providing a fun, positive learning environment for students in which every child is encouraged to reach their full potential. We aim to promote cooperation between parents and carers, teachers, students, and the wider community. We assist in providing amenities, resources and facilities to the School and strive to foster unity in our school community.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
Davallia PS P&C upholds certain values and principles that guide our actions and decisions. We believe in respecting one another by having open and respectful conversations, and we welcome diverse opinions. Collaboration is important to us, and we strive to create a network that involves our teaching staff, parents and carers, students, and the community. We prioritise fundraising efforts to provide equipment and facilities to benefit all of our students. Our overarching aim is to create a positive learning experience for our children, where they feel connected to our community and develop social networks.
How the P&C Works
The P&C is predominantly funded through P&C membership fees and community fundraising drives.
Financial membership of the P&C is only $1 per year and affords the right to vote on matters raised at general meetings. General meetings are held twice a term and are open for all to attend.
Fundraising drives may take place throughout the year. A budget meeting is held at the beginning of the year to ascertain the projects and items that the school and community may desire for Davallia Primary School (commonly referred to as the “Wish List”). These are voted upon prioritised and during the budget meeting and then monies are raised and allocated in the prioritised order.
P&C Bank Details
P & C Executive and Sub-Committees
2023 P&C Executive Committee
2023 P&C Sub-Committee Coordinators
2023 Class Representatives
Why volunteer with the P&C?
Volunteering for Davallia PS P&C can be incredibly beneficial for both your child and their school community. Here are a few reasons why you should consider getting involved:
1. Active involvement: By volunteering with the P&C, you become an active participant in your child's education and school life. You have the opportunity to work closely with teachers, staff, and other parents to contribute to the overall development of Davallia Primary School.
2. Positive impact: Volunteering allows you to make a positive impact on your child's school environment. You can help shape policies, organise events, and advocate for necessary changes, ensuring that the school provides the best possible learning experience for all students.
3. Building relationships: Through the P&C, you have the chance to connect with other parents who share your commitment to education. Building these relationships can be invaluable, as you can exchange ideas, gain support, and collaborate on various initiatives that benefit your child and their peers.
4. Influence and decision-making: As a volunteer you can offer valuable insight and feedback into decisions affecting how the P&C operates within the school community and financial P&C members, you have the opportunity to influence important decisions affecting the school as you can vote at P&C Meetings.
5. Role modelling: By actively participating in the P&C, you demonstrate to your child the importance of community involvement and civic responsibility. Your commitment to their education sends a powerful message about the value you place on their schooling, inspiring them to become engaged citizens themselves.
6. Skill development: Volunteering for the P&C provides numerous opportunities to develop and enhance various skills. You can gain experience in leadership, teamwork, communication, event planning, and problem-solving—all of which are valuable both within and beyond the school community.
7. Sense of belonging: By volunteering, you become an integral part of your child's school community. You'll feel more connected, and your involvement can foster a sense of belonging not only for yourself but also for your child, as they see your active engagement in their education.
Remember, the P&C is a collaborative effort, and every contribution, no matter how big or small, can make a significant difference. By volunteering your time and skills, you become a catalyst for positive change and an advocate for the best interests of your child and their fellow students.
Why take on a P&C Committee role?
Serving as a committee member for a Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) can have numerous advantages for both you and your child's school community. Here are some compelling reasons why you should consider taking on this role:
1. Direct impact: As a committee member, you have a direct influence on shaping the policies, programs, and initiatives that affect your child's education. By actively participating in decision-making processes, you can contribute to creating a positive and supportive learning environment for all students.
2. Advocacy and representation: Serving on the committee allows you to be a strong advocate and representative for parents and their children. You can voice their concerns, raise important issues, and work towards addressing them in collaboration with other stakeholders. Your involvement ensures that the perspectives and needs of parents are heard and taken into account.
3. Community building: Being a committee member provides an excellent opportunity to foster a sense of community among parents, teachers, and the wider school community. Through organising events, initiatives, and engaging activities, you can help create a supportive network, promote parent involvement, and strengthen relationships among all stakeholders.
4. Skill development: Taking on a committee role offers a platform for personal and professional growth. You can develop and enhance various skills such as leadership, teamwork, communication, event planning, budgeting, and problem-solving. These skills are transferable and valuable in many aspects of life.
5. Networking and collaboration: Serving on the committee allows you to connect with other dedicated parents, educators, and community members who share a common goal of supporting quality education. Collaborating with them provides opportunities for knowledge sharing, exchanging ideas, and learning from one another's experiences.
6. Positive role modelling: By actively participating in the P&C, you demonstrate to your child the importance of active engagement, civic responsibility, and community involvement. Your commitment sets a powerful example, showing them the value you place on education and inspiring them to become engaged citizens themselves.
7. Making a difference: As a committee member, you have the chance to make a tangible and lasting impact on your child's school. You can contribute to improving facilities, enhancing educational programs, implementing positive changes, and fostering a vibrant and inclusive school culture. Your efforts can positively influence the educational journey of not just your child, but all students attending the school.
Remember, serving as a committee member doesn't mean you have to take on an overwhelming time commitment. You can contribute in ways that fit your availability and skills. Your dedication and involvement can make a meaningful difference in your child's educational experience and the overall success of the school community.